What is the most common argument that manufacturers sell their boots with TODAY?
It´s the WEIGHT.
I was always wondering how far they can go and where is the limit.
Industry develops every day and manufacturers are looking for new ways to achieve as low weight boots as possible.
That´s the reason why I decided to look where they are today and rank the current situation.
So I´m going to discover which are the TOP 5 lightest boots on the market today.
I´m going to compare Firm Ground (FG) football boots size 9.5.
- Ultra-thin textile upper.
- Supportive SPEEDFRAME upper structure.
- Lightweight dual-density nylon outsole.
- Speedtrack: Improved reactivity and torsionability.
- Injected traction studs.
- Integrated minimalistic heel counter.
- Suitable for use on firm natural surfaces.
- Innovation for speed and ball touch at high speeds.
- UPPER: Lightweight upper with micro-texture that offers a seamless fit and a sock-like feel.
- INSOLE: Lightweight perforated sockliner with textile liner for low profile cushioning.
- OUTSOLE: Full-length compressed nylon that moves naturally with the foot. Direct injected TPU studs for traction in all directions.
- Dynamic Fit Collar and leather for locked down comfort at full speed.
- UPPER: Micro-textured Flyknit with NikeSkin for a barefoot feel. Flywire cable offers adaptive support. Supersoft kangaroo leather layer aids in comfort and touch, while the synthetic upper prevents stretching and water uptake. Molded insole that’s perforated for breathability and reduced weight. A hidden heel counter is incased by the upper material on the shoe. This heel counter offers lightweight support to the back of your foot.
- OUTSOLE: Vapor traction system for grip in all directions. Carbon fiber plate is highly responsive for explosive speed. TPU studs that are hollowed out for reduced weight. Four heel studs offer traction and durability. The Superfly also has an extra forefoot blade to aid sharp turning.
- The X from adidas is a boot designed for risk takers.
- Players-Gareth Bale and Thomas Müller.
- super-comfortable adidas techfit® collar
- sock-like compression fit, and a precision-engineered soft skin upper
- new X-CLAW stud layout
- revolutionary X-CAGE
- new forefoot stud layout and X-ray upper
- supported by revolutionary messiFRAME construction
- messiGAMBETRAX outsole
- The Messi 15.1 boasts a super-soft leather-like forefoot with 3D grip for a pristine first touch, and an engineered 3D cage in the heel area for added stability on the turn. With such efficient all-round design, you’re ready to accelerate away in any direction, just like Leo.